To expedite your check-in process, please click PRE-REGISTER at the top of this page and complete your One Medical Passport with medical history. If not received, your surgery may be postponed. The Pre-Registration Department will be contacting you prior to your date of service. The Pre-Registration Department direct line is 314-525-0135.
You should complete your on line medical history on One Medical Passport. A nurse will call you prior to your surgery to discuss your health history in your One Medical Passport. We will also review special instructions and answer any questions you have. If you have not received a call by 4 p.m. two days before your surgery or have additional questions please call us at 314-722-2530 between the hours of 8:00 AM and 4:30 PM.
It is important for you to follow these guidelines before surgery to prevent delay or cancellations.
Food and Drink
The night before your surgery you may eat a light meal before 11:00 p.m. Do not drink or eat anything after midnight—not even coffee or water. You may brush your teeth, remembering not to swallow anything.
Pain patients may have clear liquids –no dairy, cream or fats– six (6) hours prior to your procedure IF you are having sedation.
Do not drink alcohol for at least 12 hours before your arrival.
No smoking/tobacco after midnight the night before your surgery.
Makeup, Nail Polish, Jewelry (including body jewelry)
Please remove all of these items before surgery.
Wear loose, casual, comfortable clothing to fit over dressings.
Please leave valuables at home.
Notify The Center & Your Surgeon If:
- You have an elevated temperature, cough, cold, vomiting or diarrhea between your last visit to the surgeon and the day of your surgery.
- You suspect you may be pregnant.
- You are taking: diet pills, aspirin, ibuprofen, blood thinners, or certain herbal medicines. You may need to stop taking these 1-2 weeks before your surgery. You can discuss this with your surgeon.
What You Need The Day Of The Surgery:
- Information To Bring: Insurance cards, photo ID, and any payment that is due before your procedure.
- Driver: You must plan to have someone drive you home. Do not plan to use taxis or other public transportation.
- Escort: A friend, relative or dedicated caregiver MUST stay with you for 24 hours.
- Legal Guardian: A legal guardian must be in the center AT ALL TIMES for children and dependent adults.
- Care For Children: If you have young children at home for whom you normally care for, plan for someone else to care for them for at least the first 24 hours following your surgery.
- Interpreter: If the patient cannot read or speak English, an interpreter is required. The facility will arrange for an interpreter if needed, please contact the scheduling department 314-525-0142 as soon as possible.